Auditions & Employment
You may send picture and resume to:
Pittsburgh Public Theater
621 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of payroll, processing tasks, reconciliations and related reports, and responding to inquiries related to payroll processes and procedures.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter to Cathrine Bogats, Director of Finance & Administration.
- Accurately prepare and process weekly payrolls for union and non-union employees in accordance with company policy, collective bargaining agreements, and applicable statutory requirements including state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Calculate and enter wage assignments, garnishments, levies, workers’ compensation supplemental payments, military pay, vacation pay etc.; calculate and prepare manual checks and update the system with the information.
- Explain payroll and time entry policies and procedures; research and respond to inquiries from management, employees and third parties.
- Prepare, balance and distribute payroll deduction reports; prepare and enter adjustments in system to correct employee records.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets; utilize report-writing tools to develop ad hoc reports to summarize or provide payroll information.
- Establish and maintain company and employee payroll records, including earnings and deductions and tax withholding setup and maintenance; periodically audit accuracy of system data.
- Provide input and assistance for payroll projects; maintain documentation of payroll processes and procedures and recommend changes.
- Perform administrative functions including responding to employment verifications, maintaining payroll files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 3-5 years of direct payroll experience is required.
- High School diploma or GED is required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field is a plus.
- Solid understanding of core payroll practices and processes, payroll tax withholding and reporting requirements, and related state and federal regulations is required. Working knowledge of benefits administration is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong math, analytical, and organizational skills with acute attention to detail are critical.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently, and meet all deadlines.
- Must have a high level of integrity and ethics and maintain confidential information.
- Strong sense of urgency and a high customer service focus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Paychex timekeeping experience is a plus.