Auditions & Employment
Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Pittsburgh Public Theater is seeking a detail-oriented individual with excellent follow-up, organization, and communication skills to process payroll of 50 -100 employees. Candidate should be self-motivated and possess a high standard of work ethic and professionalism. The position is a part-time position consisting of 27-30 hours per week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Catherine Bogats
Part Time Box Office Assistant
Pittsburgh Public Theater is seeking a friendly and experienced Box Office Assistant to join our part time staff. Availability of hours is contingent upon shows and need, averaging 15 hours a week. Prime candidates would have open availability on nights and weekends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide highest quality of customer service for patrons.
• Maintain a proficient and working knowledge of Tessitura (ticketing database) systems.
• Help manage ticket inventory and provides ticketing services for subscribers and single ticket patrons
• Observe Public Theater’s ticketing policies, and PCI compliance.
• Research and alter patron accounts, including exchanges, payments, adding and removing tickets, etc.
Essential skills and experience:
• 2+ year’s experience in customer service or sales required.
• 1+ year of professional box office experience is preferred.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura ticketing system preferred.
• Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must have personal reliable transportation.
• Excellent active listening skills and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Interest and/or an appreciation of theater
Please submit resume and cover letter to Marty Savolskis
Pittsburgh Public Theater Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you to everyone who participated in Pittsburgh Public Theater's Equity Principal Auditions!
If you would like to submit a headshot and resume for consideration, please submit your materials to:
Pittsburgh Public Theater
621 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Or email Shaun Hall.